3D Printing Literature Finds Its Reader
Not so long ago, The Economist experts called 3D printing technology the third industrial revolution, which quietly evolves on our doorstep. And while some Eastern European countries still traditionally invest in conventional manufacturing, key market players have already realized the scale of the upcoming changes.
Today, one can find lots of reviews online, where experts and developers talk about 3D technologies and their best possible applications. Also, there seem to be more and more printed literature about 3D technologies.
Thus, Western literature thrives with such pieces as:
- "AutoCAD 2012 For Dummies",
- "3D Printing: The Next Industrial Revolution",
- "3D Printing Gold Rush: How to Profit from 3D Printing – The Next Technology Revolution",
- "3D Printing: Build Your Own 3D Printer and Print Your Own 3D Objects",
- "3D CAD with Autodesk 123D: Designing for 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, and Personal Fabrication",
- "3D Artis",
- "Richman’s Guide To Investing In 3D Printing",
- "3D Printing – Unabridged Guide",
- "The 3D Printing revolution – Licence to print money? (New technology – New money)",
- "3D Printer DIY: How to Build Your Own 3D Printer from Scratch"
All these are detailed and insightful sources of knowledge about 3d technologies.
The first book about 3D printing in Russian language is called “Low-cost 3D Printing for Science, Education and Sustainable Development”. It was published this spring.
The book provides basic definitions of 3D printing, tells about 3D printing prehistory, printers variety (and advantages of low-cost printers over the industrial ones), printing methods, 3D CAD modeling programs (benefits of paid and free programs), various personal 3D printers application methods, recycling of plastic waste to improve ecology and create useful things, and educating children about 3D printing.
This suggests that three-dimensional technologies application in Russia is becoming widespread. More and more people, manufacturers and consumers, are getting interested in innovational possibilities.
This is proven by Russia’s first advanced 3D printing and scanning technologies exhibition -- 3D Print Expo -- which has been a success this February.
3D Print Expo has become a unique event on the Russian innovational market, providing possibility to meet with leading manufacturers and 3D equipment suppliers, specialized 3D printing and scanning services developers and industry experts who will tell about benefits of 3D technologies.
Workshops and conference are also organized as part of the Exhibition on a regular basis, gathering leading 3D industry experts.
For the second time, 3D Print Expo will take place on 23-25 of October, 2014, in ECC Sokolniki, Moscow.