All-in-one ZMorph 3D printer plans public stock offering to raise funds
After the success at CeBIT 2014 in Hanover, ZMorph3D, a Polish manufacturer of 3D printers and software, announced plans to raise cash through a public stock offering. The company said it plans to use proceeds from the offering to increase production capacity.
In May 2013, ZMorph 3D printers were used for printing BIOSTAGOG – an amazing interactive sculpture which combines algorithmic design, 3D printing, mapping and interaction - for Platige Image lobby space in its headquarter in Warsaw. It took five machines 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, totally 3 months to finish the project.Currently ZMorph3D sells dozens of devices per month, of which 70 percent were exported to foreign markets. The company is expanding its production line to meet the increasing market demand. It intends to continue to invest in the development of the current device, and also plans to develop large scale 3D printer to print 3D objects, for example using concrete.According to Piotr Wąsowski, a representative of Arkley ASF Seed Fund, a shareholder of the company, ZMorph 3D is expected to debut on the Polish market or on Aim in London later this year.Zmorph 2.0 specifications:
- Construction: Frame - aluminum 3 mm and 6 mm, other parts are made of 3 mm translucent polycarbonate and ABS
- Build envelope: 250 x 235 x 165 mm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Maximum speed of movement idle: 500 mm/s
- Recommended speed printing with ABS for layer thickness 0.3 mm: 60-150 mm/s
- Recommended acceleration: 2500 mm/s^2
- Minimum height of layers: 0.1 mm (ABS), 0.05 - 0.025 mm (PLA)
- Heated table design: 5 mm tempered glass, kapton heating mat 175w
- Extruders: 3 mm plastic extruder, 1.75 mm plastic extruder, cake and chocolate extruder, ceramics extruder, dremel mount (which converts the machine to cnc milling machine), laser cutter (in progress), photo camera controller
- Communication: USB and LAN (can use wifi to communicate). Stand alone printing supported via panel + internal SD card.
- Electronics: Sunbeam 2.0 with lpc1769 arm processor, equipped with 5 drivers stepper motors. Controlled by Smoothieware.
- Navigation: LCD display panel with custom menu and graphics
- Firmware: Voxelizer, Smoothieware
- Dimensions and weight: 530 x 555 x 480 mm, 25kg
The ZMorph 3D printer is priced at €1,799 (VAT incl).